Saturday, January 16, 2010

Trying Something New

My friend had started trying out some iron-on vinyl for some projects with her Cricut and I had been wanting to try it out but was a little bit afraid of it so I kept putting it off. That was until Mike decided he really wanted me to make him some "nerdy" shirts that he's been wanting so when I was out and about on Friday, I picked some of it up and tried my hand at it. It was much easier and more fun than I thought it would be, I was impressed and really liked using it.

For those of you that don't talk "nerd speak" I will explain what these mean:


Mike's is the maroon one. It reads DAD in binary (computer code). After he told me that's the one he wanted, it only made sense to make the boys each one that read SON in binary too. I will be getting them together for a pic in them sometime soon.
This is HTML programming the < > part is called a "tag" in code so this shirt says "Tag You're it"

And of course one appropriate for myself.


I have already bought the twins some shirts for Valentines Day but hadn't found one for Caleb yet so he helped me design one. If you can't read it, it says "key 2 Mom's heart" basically. I think it's cute. Mike rolled his eyes at it.
But not only did I work on shirts this weekend. I also went back to my original vinyl and put a saying on my freshly painted wall. I love the way it turned out. 2 more things to replace in this room and it really will be an all new kitchen.

I didn't think it was possible, but I think I fell in love even more with my Cricut already this weekend. Can't wait until the next time I get it out and find a project or 2 to do.




1 comment:

jfm said...

Oh you're so clever...good work.. and I like the color of your kitchen too!