Wednesday, July 20, 2011

31 Week Visit

We had a good OB visit yesterday packed full of questions and mostly answers. We got to have a little look at baby girl. She is growing and looking great. From the inside view, my cervix seems to be holding up, but the uterus is starting to thin. For most "normal" women this wouldn't be a huge issue. It seemed to concern him (and us) just a little more with me. It was kinda fun to see how it does that on the machine. You could see wrinkles in it that were starting to shrink and fold. I never had that pointed out to me before.
From his demeanor and explanations of many things, we got the impression that he fully expects this to be another early delivery. How early is still TBD. The goal is still 34 weeks for now. He called the next 2.5 weeks the "biggest payback weeks" for keeping her in there. He's still letting me go to work since it's mainly a desk job. But wants me off my feet and resting as much as possible at home. We are hoping to work something out with Mike's work so that he can be home when I am home to help with this over the next few weeks with the boys who want their mama up and moving all the time. And to prevent me from trying to clean and be more productive than I should be. I know I will have a hard time with this part so I really need someone here yelling at me and keeping me in line.
Expecting her to come early, we also opted to get in the lung-developing Steroid shots for little girl. I got one in the office yesterday and will get another later today. This is something that they gave me with the boys while in the hospital trying to prevent labor. To be most effective they need to be in there at least 48 hours, so we opted to get them in now rather than waiting it out to see what happens to give her the best odds of only a small NICU stay if she follows her brothers leads.
Right now, she is still cooperating and is head down. He read over my surgical analysis from the twins C-section and thinks it may be possible for us to at least try a Vback. This is something that we were hoping for but trying not to get too excited about. Of course that decision will ultimately be made at the last minute, but at least we know he's willing to try. And we trust that in the end he will make the best decision of what is safest for me and for baby girl. He joked that he would basically have a catchers mitt on one hand and a scalpel in the other at the ready.
I am experiencing more and more contractions these days. Nothing at regular intervals, so they aren't too alarming at the moment, but definitely something to keep track of and not ignore. So I will be started to keep a notepad handy to be writing down times throughout the day that I feel them so we know when to get concerned.
Unlike the boys, I haven't had much insomnia with this one which has been really great until tonight. I'm hoping it's a one day fluke and can feel a sick day coming on as the morning wears on. I've been tossing and turning and up and down (mostly up now) most of the night. Mostly its the normal pregnancy stuff (being uncomfortable, acid reflux, bathroom visits) keeping me up. Mental note: Do not eat French Toast sticks for dinner with the boys.
That's most of the updates that I can think of at this hour. We got a few more things out of storage over the weekend and are getting them looked through and washed up and Papa Ringo and Grandma Judi are so far planning on coming up this weekend to help with the last of it (we hope). But at least we now feel functional at least knowing she's on her way anytime between the next 1-8 weeks. ;) How's that for an expected delivery time? We will start weekly visits now and will keep you updated as much as possible. Fingers and toes (and legs) still crossed. :)

3 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so excited for you! I hope that all goes well!

Anonymous said...

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. I remember the days of laying in bed flat on my back journaling every little tiny contraction. We played the "how early is she gonna come" game and in the end I had to be induced. So I am sending my lucky vibes your way dear.

jfm said...

Sending good thoughts your way!! We'll cross our fingers....you cross YOUR legs!!