Sunday, July 17, 2011

Nesting Mode

We have reached 31 weeks today! Knowing that we are only 1 week away from when the twins made their appearance and only 2 weeks away from Caleb's surprise arrival our anxiety levels are on the rise. We have gone into full on nesting mode. We got the twins moved into Caleb's old room, took down the Nascar decor and up went the airplane decor. Zaden keeps telling us that now he sleeps in the "airplane room". Their room has been airplanes for a while but I guess he's finally noticing now that he's moved into Caleb's old one and he watched us put up some decorations. They haven't seemed to have minded the change which has been awesome.
While we are still hopeful and trying everything possible to keep little girl in there longer, but the anxiety is getting the best of us and we've started digging things out of the storage shed. The crib and changing table are finally put together and the swing up. The car seat and bouncer are washed and ready and I've been spending time getting her Newborn size clothes all washed. Mike brought in a bunch of other stuff for me to go through in the next little bit as well. We are making so much progress but still feel like there's so much more to do. As I rearrange her room in my head a million times (knowing that I am still waiting for a dresser and the glider to come in) I keep questioning everything and wanting it to be just right. So sorry, no pictures for now until I get it all perfect.
I know it's probably the anxiety, but I've even been having dreams about changing little girl's name. I don't know if it will happen, but I'm leaving myself open to the suggestion just in case Faith no longer feels right when we meet her. I've not ever had that problem thus far with the boys. It's probably partly because we STILL can't agree on a middle name, that it's making me question if we should go back to the original thought of using Faith as a middle name instead. Decisions, decisions. I also know that whatever we decide in the end will be just perfect for us and her, but it doesn't help the anxiety level any. We've been so sure of it up until we started getting her things ready.
We see the Dr. again on Tuesday for a normal visit and I am sure a bunch of questions knowing that we are approaching what I refer to as "the danger zone." At our last visit he said that his goal was to just get to 34 weeks and then discuss from there. At this point that would be a record for us so we'd take it, but realistically I would love to make it to at least 35 or 36. Start crossing your fingers and toes for us and I'll be trying to post more updates as we keep getting closer and closer.

No comments: