Thursday, July 28, 2011

La La La- Not listening! (32 weeks)

My uterus and little girl are Not Listening! I've been having a lot of contractions and on Tuesday evening they started coming 3 minutes apart! This went on for a couple of hours before I let the worry get the best of me and headed to Labor and Delivery. They were able to monitor me and document that yes I am not crazy and those were contractions and were that close together. Luckily they were able to get them to slow down and send me home. I am only dilated to a 1 which is not uncommon for a third time mom so that was reassuring at least. I saw my regular doc yesterday. We are still sticking with the game plan for now and he sent me home with a perscrip for the same meds they gave me at the hospital that night to try to stop them at home if they get that frequent again. I've still been having them since then but a lot more sporadic. He didn't do an ultrasound this time but I know she's fine and while they monitored me at the hospital that night, she wasn't phased by the contractions at all. Her heartrate stayed perfectly normal and she was just enjoying the ride.
Her Dad has let her know that he will NOT share his birthday with her tomorrow, so she better stay in there longer. And I have been telling her that really it's only a week and a half that she has to go at this point to beat her brothers and help Momma obtain an "all time personal best record". I think we can do it but I have this image of her in my head covering her ears at us and chanting, "La La La-Not Listening!"
4 more days until week 33- We can do it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Becca I am soooo cheering for you. If you need anything don't hesitate to call.

nancy said...

i am cheering for longer... 4 weeks longer. i was in l and d at 33 weeks further dialated with contractions. you can do it!!