Friday, May 10, 2013

Babe Ruth

Caleb had a walk of fame at his school this week. He chose to be Babe Ruth as his famous person. We were required to come up with a costume. We weren't supposed to buy anything, so sue me....I cheated. I couldn't resist when I happened to find this blank shirt in Walmart. It was perfect so I bought it and went to work with the Cricut cutting out the logo and the number and name.  We also cheated and bought him some pants. In my defense, he says he wants to be Babe Ruth for Halloween too. So really it was a 2 for 1 special.  The helmet, bat and cleats were stuff we already had at least. I should get partial points.
 
 

They mirrored the walk of fame after a wax museum. Each kid had to be still like a statue and then come to life when you pushed their button. After you pushed the button, they had to recite a little paragraph telling us who they were and why they were famous. Here he is in action telling another family that pushed his button.
 
He did a great job and Mom pushed his button 3 times to get a good video. I've so far been unable to transfer it from my phone though to share. He told us between the other classes coming through and the parent time, he probably said his paragraph 85 times! hahaha
 
We also pressed the buttons of some of his classmates, we met Princess Diana, Donny and Marie Osmond, Jim Bridger, Jackie Robison, MLK Jr., Benjamin Franklin, Pocahontas, Abraham Lincoln and Walt Disney to name a few.  It was a nice morning and they were rewarded afterwards with cookies and punch for their hard work.
 


No comments: