Monday, May 20, 2013

Lucky #13

Today was our 13th wedding anniversary. I can't believe how time has flown. We've had 13 wonderful years. That got me thinking as to what has transpired in the last 13 years since we got married. Here's the list of 13 some of the most important (and memorable) things I came up with:
1. Both of us got our bachelors degrees.
2. Mike got a Master's degree.
3.We've bought 2 houses and sold 1 
4. Had 4 beautiful children
5. Survived 1 devastating miscarriage
6.  I've had 2 different jobs and a year of stay at home mommy-ing
7. Mike got his first big-boy job has been promoted numerous times 
8. We got re-married in Vegas by Elvis for #10
9. Taken numerous trips to Omaha for family
10. Mike and I enjoyed a kidless week in Hawaii
11. Family vacation to Disneyland, Seaworld and Legoland
12. Trip to the Grand Canyon
13. Owned 7 different cars and 1 camp trailer together
Kinda blows your mind when you get right down to thinking about it, doesn't it?
I'm sure I can add lots more to the list and hope to continue adding to it for many more years.
 
When it comes right down to it today, we didn't do a whole lot. With Lagoon over the weekend and a trip to Price coming up this weekend along with a lot of soccer (a game tonight in fact), we figured it was best just to have a normal night and look forward to our upcoming trip to Vegas together in  early July which I'm dubbing our "Lucky #13" trip.
 
I did manage to squeeze in a silly gift for him and made him a Twinkie bouquet. 13 Twinkies in all, one for each year.
 
 
 
And since we were going to have to rush out after dinner for the twins soccer game, I stopped at Papa Murphy's for a Take N Bake for dinner. But I made it special for the day before popping it in the oven.
 
 
It was a good day indeed. And I'm looking forward to properly celebrating in July. Vegas is waiting!

No comments: