Sunday, May 19, 2013

Lagoon


Yesterday we got to have a real treat when we got to go to Lagoon for my niece's cheer leading competition with a good chunk of my family. We braved the rain in the morning and got there super early before the park opened to watch her team do their 2 performances. Once the park opened, we braved the rain and started hitting rides. We went in between adult rides and kiddie land most of the day (thanks Papa and Grandma for helping with Kiddie land rides for the twins). We had some lunch in Pioneer Village and we enjoyed the time in between storms when the sun came out here and there.
 
We didn't take the camera with us because of bulk and the weather, so I tried to snap a couple with my phone. But mostly I didn't remember to do much of that either. But here's a couple of Papa and Leyton on the Sky Ride and Schydi and Caleb in front of us on the Sky Ride. 
 
 



 
And a cute shot of me and Mike while waiting in line for the Spider. I think that ride was my favorite of the day.  
 
After a very long and wet (but fun) day we all went to dinner together at Denny's. It was very good and I snapped this pic of DaNell and her boyfriend Cameron who braved coming along on the trip and meeting us all.

It had been several years since we have gone. I think since Caleb was just little. So it was fun to see how much it's changed and how much it's stayed the same as well (even since I was a kid, much of it is the same).  And Caleb was just the right size to go on both the kiddie rides with his brothers and the grown up rides with Schydi and Dad. The best part was that because of the weather, I think a lot of people stayed away except those there for the dance competitions. So the lines were relatively short. I don't think we waited in line for more than 20-25 minutes for anything we wanted to go on. I kicked everyone's butt in the Bumper Cars (even if they won't admit it) and got to go on the Tilt-A-Whirl with my Dad which reminded me of being a kid. We didn't get to go on all of the ones we were hoping to, but we got to go on a lot and the kids loved it and were worn out by the end of the day. What a treat!
 
Oh and bonus,  Schydi's team took 1st place in both of their performances. Way to go Fierce Cheer!



No comments: