Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

I was so looking forward to the 3 day weekend. Our lives have seemed non-stop lately. And although we knew the weekend would be busy, I couldn't wait to get it started and do it with an extra day of family time.
My Friday night plans got changed so after Mike got home from work, we looked for something to do with the kiddo's. We didn't like our options as we searched around so I voted just to do a little leisure shopping at Gordman's. After scoring a few deals there, we went to the nearby McD's for dinner and to let the kids play in the playplace. We hadn't been to this one before so it was new to us and I have to say, I was pretty impressed and the kids loved it. I think it's my new favorite. After that was done, we came home and relaxed and got ready for the test of the weekend.
Saturday morning we were up early and heading for the main event they had been looking forward to all week. Papa's house! We made it to Price and had fun hanging out and having a Bday party luau for Schydi in Papa's front yard. Here are some fun pics from that.




After the party was over, Mike and I took some time and went to the cemetery to decorate a few graves and pay our respects then it was back to Papa's to play a mean game of Apples to Apples with the whole crew. Then Mike and I retired to the hotel room and the kids (of course) couldn't be detached from Papa and spent the night at his house.
 
Sunday morning we were back at Papa's early and I went up to the cemetery again with him to do his flowers. Then it was project time. We made the cutest little bench from an old headboard and started working on some shirts to get printed for the reunion in August. Then it was time to head home. We made it home and the kids picked out a movie to relax to. We watched Wreck it Ralph together and enjoyed the evening.
 
Monday brought all the neglected chores and a hair appt for me to get a dye and a cut. It was wonderful. We also went and picked up our newest project for me and Mike here at the house.
Mike and I were pooped by the end of the day so after the kids went to bed, Mike mixed up some frozen margaritas for us and we went outside to enjoy the last of the beautiful weather and just have some 'us' time. It was wonderful.


No comments: