Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Front and Rear (2 wrecks in 8 months)

For those of you that don't know (all 2 of my readers) back in April right before we left on our spring break Omaha trip, I was hanging at a gas pump at a local gas station when a big roofing truck turned a little too close and clipped the front end of my car pretty good (I thought I took a pic but apparently not so sorry this post is light a pic). Anyway, the damage was done and we were able to get it in the repair shop for the week we were gone and it was all shiny and back to new by the time we got back. The timing worked out pretty slick really and the impact was hardly felt. So I didn't even mention it on here.

Well fast forward to yesterday (almost exactly 8 months later) and being the good wife I am, I was taking Mike his cell phone he accidentally left at home. When I turned onto the street that his office is located on, I had to stop to let a car in front of me turn into a business parking lot. Well pause for 2 seconds and right about the time I was wondering if the car behind me had saw me stop, I looked it the rear view mirror and Bam! She hit me! Right in the butt end of my car. We pulled off and called the police for a report and then went our separate ways. Faith was with me this time but neither of us were hurt and, in fact, she slept right through it.

Today I went in to the same repair shop for an estimate on this.
This repair is looking to be about $1500 more than the last repair and going to take up to 2 weeks. Looks like a rental car for me and extra arrangements to be made.  Luckily for me, in both accidents, I was not at fault and both of the other people did have insurance. Both companies thus far have been pretty easy to work with, so crossing my fingers it stays that way.
 
I was tempted to ask the estimator today one of two things (or both):
 
1. Do they have a frequent flyer program for chronic customers?
2. Could they please remove the "hit me" sign from my car during this repair?
 
But I was good and refrained. For now.......

No comments: