Monday, May 02, 2016

Chicago - Part 1

When logistics dictated that we fly into Chicago as part of our recent trip to Omaha,  I decided to embrace it and make a little adventure out of it. None of us had ever been there before, so I looked up some things to do in the one afternoon we would be there and we set off to get a few of them under our belt. Since we got in a little after lunch time, we started off with a little late lunch/early dinner with some Chicago Deep Dish Pizza, naturally. I had read some great reviews of this place online so we decided to give Lou Malnati's a try.

We shared some cheesy garlic bread and a deep dish pizza. Mike, Zaric and I thought it was delicious. The others thought it was just so, so.  But they did enjoy the cheesiness of the occasion. 




After filling our tummies, we were off to the first big stop. The Willis Tower Skydeck. The kids and I had looked this up online, I wasn't sure they would be brave enough to do it, but boy was I wrong. They were far braver than both Mike and I. They could have stayed out there all afternoon. 








Then we were off to our next destination, Millenial Park and Cloud Gate, aka "The Bean" or the "Giant Jelly Bean"  as the kids nicknamed it.  



No comments: