Thursday, September 15, 2016

Gone Coastal- Day 1

When Mike decided to have his IT retreat at his Portland office this year, I jumped at the chance to visit part of the west coast that I had never been before. I arrived early in the day the first day and was greeted at the airport by my friend Shannon, who recently moved to Portland, and her cute kids. I got to spend a good chunk of the afternoon with them visiting OMSI so the kids could run around and play while we visited. We also spent a little time by the waterfront where I taught them about selfies and Pokemon hunting, because I am a good honorary Aunt.  







After Mike was done working for the day, he met me at the hotel and whisked me away to see the Japanese Grardens, They were absolutely stunning and peaceful, as was expected.  And once again Mike charmed the Koi Fish and had them coming to him where he was petting them.  He has the same effect on me.

















Then it was back to the hotel and a walk to a nice dinner together to enjoy each others company and get caught up from the previous days that he had been there without me. It was a very nice start to what turned out to be an incredible trip. 

No comments: