Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Viva Las Vegas 2016 - Day 1

Right on the heels of our OR trip, I got to sneak away a few days later for a little trip away to Vegas. I was greeted at the airport when I arrived by my friend, a Vegas local, Amy.  We spent the afternoon doing a little shopping, trying out the new Wahlburgers restaurant and enjoying a few drinks to start it off.




Once the evening came along, we decided to hit up Freemont Street. We spent some time dancing to the band playing, walking around, and doing some serious people-watching.




Once we decided we were done there, we spent the rest of the evening in a nearby bar called Hogs and Heifers. Where we had an absolute blast with our bartender Natalie (pictured below) and some other bar patrons that came in.
 It turned into a bit of a wild evening to which I remarked upon reflection the next day,  "I'm too old for this shit anymore....but I'd do it again!" I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.  It was seriously, the best!  Amy sent me this fun collage after my return home. I think it sums up the day nicely.

No comments: