Friday, September 16, 2016

Gone Coastal- Day 5

Unfortunately, our coast time had to end sometime and we made the best of it with one last walk along the Arch Cape beach while the sun rose behind us and hunting for a few more sand dollars. Then we were off back to Portland to play the day away before our flight home.

We managed to take Mike to Powell's Books downtown, which happens to be the biggest book store in the world.  I was pretty sure he'd found his soul mate at this point.
I'm not sure how I managed to get him out of there.  But I did and then we walked to have one last quit meal together before returning home to the chaos.
We still had a little time on our hands, so we decided to head to the waterfront to do some more walking and ended up doing an impromptu tour of the SS Blueback submarine.  It was pretty interesting to learn about.






Then it was time to check in and head home. I'm so glad I decided to tag along and extend his stay after his retreat. It was worth every minute and every penny spent. A special thanks to Grandma Braska who flew in to watch the kids and manage the chaos while we were gone (that's no easy task).
It's always nice to have a trip away and be reminded that not only do I still love this man of mine, but I really, really like him too! I am truly a lucky lady.

No comments: