Sunday, June 13, 2010

Racking My Brain

Ever have this happen? Right after our arrival yesterday at Chuck E Cheese a woman came up to me and made sure I noticed her then smiled and said "How are you doing?" Here's what my mind was doing, " I recognized this lady from somewhere. Her look, her voice. It's in my brain, I know it is." I did the normal thing and returned the pleasantry with a "I am doing well, thank you. How are you?" She said she was well and went on her way which was on their way out. Right after she left Mike turned to me and said "ok, who was that?". My response was, "I don't know but I know I know her." So helpful isn't it? I tried to immediately place her and told him I think it was someone from Emery County or Price and I went about my business and thought nothing more about it during the day.
Upon going to bed last night though she crept into my mind and I couldn't sleep for a while trying to place her. Was she from down there? Someone that my family knows? Someone from my softball days? FFA days? Or was I wrong all together and was she someone I knew from up here? Someone perhaps from the Westminster Circuit- from classes or working there? Someone from the FA circuit or the long line of lenders I used to deal with? I am still trying to place her today and it's taking a toll on my brain. I'm racking it but I am not getting very far. She is haunting my brain and until I place her somewhere, I don't think it's going away. Any ideas on how to jog the old memory? I could use some help.

No comments: