Sunday, November 22, 2015

An Extended Celebration

This year my Birthday resulted on several spread out days of celebrating. Because it fell on the one day of the week that we knew we shouldn't be able to go out because of other commitments, we decided to kick it off last Sunday.  Zaden and Faith had told me previously that I needed a Dallas Cowboys cake, so I spent some time making that. It turned out really fun and I was able to try out a couple of new (to me) techniques.  
We finished up that night with an early Bday dinner out at my favorite restaurant, Texas Road House where I spoiled myself with the Prime Rib.....mmmmmm so good! 

Later in the week, we had our first official snow storm where it got cold enough to stick a little. Since I no longer had a winter coat that fit me, Mike was easily talked into giving me one of my gifts early. A beautiful new coat and rocking cheetah print gloves. Love them! 

And I got to spend some time celebrating with one of my favorite people in the world, my friend Cinda, who also shares a November Birthday with me. We went out to one of our favorite hangouts Fiddler's Elbow to enjoy some garlic burgers, drinks and talk about our lives for 4 hours....literally 4 hours! If there truly is such a thing as a soul sister, she's definitely mine as 4 hours is our norm and not even our record! 
Then it was time for the big day. It was a pretty low key day with work, school and dance class. But I got to open all my goodies from my family which contained so many of my favorite things and a new gadget. Another PW cookbook (love her), Shania perfume, flowers, carrot cake from Cheesecake Factory, and the Amazon Echo which we are all already in love with and having fun learning how to work it.  Not sure how I ever lived without her all this time, already. At work I also got spoiled by my boss with a nice new blanket, funny card and some Diet Dr. Pepper that I don't have to share with anyone there! And lastly, I got to finish up the night enjoying cuddling with Mike and watching a movie of my choice that he had downloaded at my request. Not too shabby of a day overall. 
A huge thank you to everyone else who took the time to send cards, texts, make phone calls and jam up my Facebook page with Birthday wishes. I truly felt the love all day long. 

And the celebrations aren't done. Earlier this year, Mike and I had purchased tickets to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra when they are in town next week as part of my Bday and since the kids are heading to Price earlier than we are, I was able to sneak in a Paint Nite on the calendar for the 2 of us! Stay tuned....

No comments: