Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Bitter-Sweet Resignation

As you all know, coming back has been a trying time for me and I have tried to make it all work. However, I have decided that it's time for me to move on. I handed in my official resignation this morning and my last day will be August 29th.

This decision has been very hard to make and after a meeting with the pediatrician on Monday and concerns about the twins development (caused from being born so early) and then being caught blind-sided... yet again...last night by a phone call from Joel putting Elizabeth in the Director slot, I have come to the conclusion that after 10 years, my heart is just not in this job any longer.

I have no official plans. For the first month or two I will probably just be at home with the boys deciding what to do with finding a part-time job vs. being a full-time mommy. If you hear of anything out there, let me know.

Today has been a hard day with letting the office know and a lot of tears have been shed. But we are excited, scared and happy at the same time to be starting a new chapter and adventure in our lives.

No comments: