Saturday, August 23, 2008

How Did This Happen?

I spent some time last night doing the inevitable.....cleaning out the babies drawers and bagging up the clothes that they have outgrown. They are officially out of the 0-3 months clothes. How did that happen? In the bottom of one of the drawers I found their "coming home" outfits. These are the same outfits that Mike and I laughed about while putting them on in the hospital because they were so big on them. We could have fit both of them in one. Wasn't that just a couple of weeks ago? Who said they could grow up so fast? To make matters worse, after I was done, I came downstairs to see the box of 4T's that I cleaned out of Caleb's drawers earlier this week. That's right, Caleb is officially a 5. I need something/someone to blame here...so here's what I came up with...

1. Global Warming-It works to blame about anything on
2. HGH- It's in our food...right?
3. Video Games- I don't know why, but since Caleb starting playing on his own, they just aren't right.
4. George W. Bush- Another easy scapegoat to blame matters that can't be explained easily

I am sure there are many more since it can't be simply the passing of time. I turn the clocks back everyday to avoid this. I will be starting a picket line somewhere soon to protest this injustice!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How about fertilizers or CFC's?
The nearest landfill and our "safe" pollutions systems that we have for nucluer waste.

Perhaps that's why we have such strange songs like, I'm a little Tea Pot. Who wants to be a tea pot? :-P

Becca said...

All good suggestions, I guess there was once someone who wanted to be a teapot otherwise where did the song come from? He must have been smoking something.