Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I've Been Out-voted

So as you know Caleb's 5th birthday is coming up in November. All summer long he insisted that he was going to have a dinosaur birthday party. How fun I thought and was starting to get excited about it. You all know that I am a planner so I started thinking of things and looking up party supplies and whatnot. I even bought a cricut cartridge that had dinosaurs on it so that I could make the invitations myself. Lucky for me though, that's all I had actually bought so far.
While at the Dr's office a couple weeks ago when Caleb had strep from out of the blue he says "Mom, I want a Spiderman birthday party." Where did this come from? He has recently started a new obsession with Spiderman, I guess he gets a new one every year because last year at this time everything was Diego. He constantly wants to watch "The Black Spiderman" or Spiderman 3 for those of you not in the know. And as you saw in a previous post, loves his spiderman costume.
I was totally bummed out about the dinosaurs so last night we took him to the party store. I was thinking that maybe if he saw the dinosaur stuff I would be able to persuade him back. It almost worked! But only because they had dinosaur squirt guns. I told him that if we had a dinosaur party I would get them for all the kids for their goodie bags, he thought about it then decided that maybe I should just buy him one. We couldn't really get him to focus on one thing and he changed his mind several times and I almost came home with a football themed party. But at the end, we walked out of the store with what else but a bag full of Spiderman stuff. I am keeping the receipt with the small hope that he might still change his mind one more time, but not counting on it.
I guess he is getting older and isn't as easily persuaded as he used to be. At least for now, he still lets me pick out his clothes.

No comments: