Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Rainbow Bugs



Caleb and I finally got in gear and worked on this project we have been thinking about for a couple of weeks. We saw these online and he really wanted to make some. So the two of us took a walk around the neighborhood looking for the "perfect" rocks as he says (which coincidentally was probably the funnest part of this project). He found 5 to try out and was pretty excited about them. Somehow it got put on the back burner and we have just been looking at plain old rocks sitting on the counter waiting for us.

He picked out the colors he wanted to use this morning and went right to work.Only recruiting mom for the "hard parts"(which turned out to be about 80% of them). We worked away and this is the final results. I think I am going to go look for a weather-proof sealant to add to them so I can stick them in my flower garden when it gets planted.

Who says ladybugs have to all be red? We like ours rainbow colored.

2 comments:

jfm said...

Cute! I saw those online too and thought I might try some for my rock garden. I'm sure it was more fun with a helper!!

Unknown said...

Very cute!
That's an awesome idea.
You'll have to send the link for that one.