Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

To all the wonderful Mom's out there I know, I hope you have a great Mother's Day. I am going to try my best to have one here. My MIL sent me a book recently called "You Are My I Love You." It's a children's book written in rhyme but it's all about the relationship between a mom and her child. I thought I would share the verses with you for Mother's Day this year. It's not the same without the cute illustrations, but enjoy.

I am your parent;
You are my child.
I am your quiet place;
You are my wild.
I am your calm face;
You are my giggle.
I am you wait;
You are my wiggle.
I am your carriage ride;
You are my king.
I am your push;
You are my swing.
I am your audience;
You are my clown.
I am your London Bridge;
You are my falling down
I am your carrot sticks;
You are my licorice.
I am your dandelion;
You are my first wish.
I am your water wings;
You are my deep.
I am your open arms;
You are my running leap.
I am your way home;
You are my new path.
I am your dry towel;
You are my wet bath.
I am your dinner;
You are my chocolate cake.
I am your bedtime;
You are my wide awake.
I am your finish line;
You are my race.
I am your praying hands;
you are my saying grace.
I am your favorite book;
You are my new lines.
I am your night-light;
You are my starshine.
I am your lullaby;
You are my peekaboo.
I am your good-night kiss;
You are my I love you.
Happy Mother's Day!

P.S. This was written by Maryann K. Cusimano and Satomi Ichikawa. I would recommend that you pick up a copy for yourselves.

P.P.S. Thanks again for the book Annie, I really do love it.

No comments: