Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Mother's Day

I have had a good Mother's Day here. It started off when I woke up this morning and Mike had written me the sweetest note (not I am not sharing!). Then he cooked me my favorite breakfast, ham, eggs, hashbrowns and toast. Then before it got too hot we headed outside to plant the flowerbeds. This is a tradition I started right after Caleb was born, we buy the flowers the day before and then Mike and the kids help me plant. Of course Caleb helped with about 2 of them and then ran off to play but Mike was a trooper. He complained a lot but when all was said and done we had planted 64 plants. We have petunia's, marigold's, snapdragon's, geraniums and salvia all over our two beds and in our pots.





After all of the work I relaxed on the couch and fell asleep for a while. There were a couple of Sunday afternoon movies on the TV that I hadn't seen so we watched those and lounged around. When it was time to cook dinner Caleb was napping and the boys were just about to so I was thinking it would be nice to have dinner with just Mike for a change so I jumped up and started cooking. By the time I was done Mike had fallen asleep too while rocking the babies. It was cute so I let them be and ate dinner by myself. Afterwards(and a little before) I enjoyed this cake Mike picked up for me while we were getting flowers yesterday. Yummy.

All in all, it was a pretty good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day. Too bad Mike fell asleep. You're sweet to let him stay asleep.