Monday, June 08, 2009

Bursting!

I have been bursting to write this blog. Mike found out on Friday that he got the position of IS Manager at his work that he had applied and interviewed for. Whoo Hoo! Way to go Mike! They asked him not to say anything since the "official" announcement wasn't going out to the office until Monday. Since a couple of people at his office occasionally read my blog, I have had to put it off and it was killing me!

I didn't think he was going to hear anything back for at least another week and they had mentioned doing 2nd interviews, so I was totally taken by surprise when he came home with flowers for me. I asked him what they were for and he said "I got it." Again, it was so far from my mind that my response was, "got what?" He had to say it about 3 times before my brain kicked in and realized what he was talking about.

We had a busy night planned with some friends and also had some errands to run before they came over. So we loaded up everyone in the car and took off. I was so excited and felt like I couldn't celebrate appropriately. It was hard to focus on things and try to talk about it all at the same time that I think we ended up in the grocery store for at least an extra 1/2 hour because we kept missing stuff on the list and having to circle back around.

Congrats Mike! We are so proud of you and know you will do great! Let's find a way to really celebrate tonight.

P.S. Anytime you want to bring me flowers for something awesome that you accomplished, I won't mind ;).



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, that is sooo awesome!