Monday, June 01, 2009

ZOO Fun Day

Today I took a solo trip to the zoo with all 3 boys. It was a beautiful day to go. The only problem was that it seemed to be field trip day so there were thousands of kids everywhere, but we managed just fine. The boys were really, really good. I was even impressed. We didn't see quite everything but we saw a lot and ate a picnic lunch on an open bench we found in the shade and snapped a ton of pictures. Then Caleb got to ride the carousel and play in the playground. He was one happy camper and already asking when we can go again. I think I'll be trying this more often this summer if they continue to be so good on outings (knock on wood). I want to write about it all, but I would go on and on. So here's a couple highlights and a fun slide show for you to enjoy of our trip pics.


Right after we got there we saw this lady and the Macaw with some kids so we walked over to check it out and she let Caleb mist the macaw with a spray bottle. She liked it and kept leaning in for more. It was so fun.
When we finally made it over to the elephants this one found itself a chair and was playing with it. Kept picking it up with it's trunk and trying to throw it over the fence and just throwing it for fun. We watched her do this for quite a while.
(click on the sound icon on the top to stop the music if you prefer it that way)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had sooo much fun, we were sad we didn't go. Poor Bug developed a light temp as the day went on so it was good we didn't go, and she was awfully cranky. Lets plan to go again. I love going.

Anonymous said...

P.S...I love your shirt, I need it, where did you get it?

Becca said...

Old Navy :)