Monday, July 08, 2013

A Vegas Weekend Get-Away

The time finally arrived, it was time to head to Vegas for a kid-free, concert weekend. Mike left early in the morning on Friday to head to the Vegas office for work. I stayed behind and visited with our company from the 4th some more and then went to the airport later in the afternoon to meet him. He picked me up and we went straight to the hotel to check in and get changed. As we were getting ready to head out, there was a knock at the door and in walks room service with this...

My sweet husband had called the hotel ahead of time and arranged to have this delivered after we checked in. It's an edible chocolate statue with tons of  other chocolate goodies. He even included a card that read "Happy Vacation!"  He cracks me up.
So after sampling some of the chocolate, we ventured down to Fremont street. We were hoping to hit the zip line, but it was still closed for the construction of the new launch pad. So we just wondered around taking it all in. We had some dinner in the Golden Nugget, enjoyed a couple of the live bands and lost some money on the slots in The D. Then caught a show and headed back to the hotel.
The next morning we slept in a bit and then went and had some breakfast at the hotel and took the tram to the Mirage and walked around a bit and played a few more slots. Mike found his favorite slot machine and managed to win us back $1 of what we lost the night before. Way to go Mike!

 It was 109 degrees out, so we didn't want to do a whole lot of outdoor walking. So, we drove down to the Stratosphere and hung out there for a while. Then it was back to the hotel where we enjoyed more of the chocolate and took a nap to get ready for the main event.
After we were dressed and ready we took the car to the other side of the strip and started by having some dinner at Hard Rock Cafe (one of my favorite places in Vegas). This is the cute pic Mike snapped of us enjoying our drinks before our food arrived.
We then walked through Excalibur and hit the upstairs shopping area, did a little shopping and then ended up in the Luxor and went through The Bodies exhibit. I had seen it before, but Mike hadn't so it was a little treat for him. We did a little more shopping and took our goodies to the car then took the tram down to Mandalay Bay where the concert crowd was starting to gather. We got our seats, and then got in line for me a T shirt. Then it was show time. It started off with a little Boys 2 Men action.


Then it was time for a little 98 Degrees. I only have one thing to say about that........yummmm Nick Lachey.

And then......the main event. NKOTB was in the house! I danced my booty off and sang loud and yelled and screamed my little heart out for the next 2 hours. I'm pretty sure Jordan heard me and even pointed right at me at one point. He also sang my name into a few songs. I heard it, Mike says he couldn't quite make it out. Speaking of Mike (he prob won't admit it), but he did tell me he was having a really good time and I even got him singing and dancing here and there to the funky beat. Oohhhhhh Yeahhhhhhh.  He claims, he's still not a fan, but I don't believe it. I mean a concert like this changes your life and only for the better.



 
We were able to get out of there in decent time and headed back to the hotel for some more chocolate and a little more sleep. Then it was up again for our last morning there. We had some breakfast again at the hotel, hit a few more slots where I was able to win back $7. Whoot Whoot! And then it was time to pack up and head to the airport. :(
It was a really fun trip and I was so excited to have a weekend away with only Mike. Here's a couple more pics I snapped of Mike along the way.

 
Thanks hon for the awesome time! I loved every minute of it!!!

 
 

No comments: