Monday, July 29, 2013

Little Miss One-Stitch

 
This summer has been full of tons of play and tons of time at home. Along with all of the playing have been many scrapes and bruises along the way. So when Faith bonked her head yesterday, I thought nothing of it. I was in the kitchen busily cleaning when I heard her fall and crying some. I kept asking her if she was alright and trying to confort her with words since my hands happened to be full at the moment. A couple minutes later, she got up from where she was crying and came around the couch. I took one look at her covered in blood and it dripping down her face onto her shirt to know that this was no normal bonk. I hoisted her on the counter and cleaned her face up to get a look at her. Once I got a good look at it, I felt sick to my stomach knowing she probably needed a stitch or 2. I called the Dr.'s office which had noone available to help then called Mike at work and left him a message that we were on our way to the Insta Care for stitches and to please help if he could get away.
He called us back on the way was able to get away long enough to come help with the other kids while the Dr. tended to her. Which was great and Faith was glad Daddy was there. She ended up with one stitch right above her eye. She actually did quite well for the Dr.with a little help from me holding her on my chest while he sewed and with some luck the Dr. thinks we'll have very little scarring in the future.

No comments: