Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Homemade Weekend

This weekend was spent primarily at home. I thought it was going to be pretty boring but it turned out pretty productive. I was able to finish up my last couple of homemade gifts, Caleb made gifts for his teachers and old babysitter, I wrapped a bunch of gifts, I made myself a Christmas tile, I started making my Christmas cards (until I ran out of the cardstock color I needed), we got the Christmas tree up, the Thanksgiving stuff down and while I sit here with homemade bread cooking in the breadmaker Mike and Caleb are outside getting a small start on those lights. Here's a bunch of pictures to share of some of these activities.

I get the boyz each one new ornament every year. These are the kid's this year. I got them out to let them put them on the tree while we were putting it up. Caleb loves his because it's wearing blue like the NY Giants (his favorite team). I found them at the craft fair in Omaha and couldn't pass them up. Plus they personalized them for free.
Zaden helping dad test out the tree lights. If they taste good does that mean they work?

Not to be out-done, Zaric helps as well.

And Caleb has to join in the light testing fun


Caleb helping decorate the tree. He had a spot right there where everything went. Mom and Dad helped spread out those ones later since there were about 15 ornaments grouped on about 4 branches.

The final tree for this year. Pretty much the same as most years but I always take a pic anyway. Mike insisted on a 9 foot tree about 5 years ago and although I always complain about him needing such a big one, once it's up and decorated I fall in love with it every year.


This year we got out Mom's stamp collection and Caleb stamped stationary for his teachers and old babysitter. Since they don't read the blog I figured it was ok to post a few. He stamped them then I threw some ribbon on to embellish a little.


We grouped some together and made them each a little stack with envelopes then tied them together. I think it turned out to be a cute little gift.


And finally the tile I made for myself. It was kinda a "make as you go" design and I wasn't sure I liked it at first but the more I look at it the more I do. I like that it's simple and kinda peaceful itself, just like it says.
A great weekend and can't wait for turkey day in just a few days........Caleb is counting down the days until he gets to go to Papa's.
P.S. Papa: Caleb told me today that you are shooting your own turkey and then cutting off the head to cook it for us. So you better have a good story about it by the time we get there on Wed. :)

No comments: