Sunday, November 28, 2010

4 Days of Thanksgiving Fun

We hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving weekend. I know we did. We kicked it off Tuesday afternoon when the boys got to go to Papa's a day early. I was supposed to work on Wednesday but because of the weather they closed the college down Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday. That allowed Mike and I to spend some more time together and grab a bite to eat before the predicted "blizzard " hit. There was supposed to be a lot more snow on Wednesday but I didn't see any so we headed down earlier than expected and hit some Christmas shopping stores along the way and had a nice lunch together. We made it to Price and the boys who were having a ball with Papa and so I got to take Mike and Taylor to go see Harry Potter since they hadn't seen it yet. It was still good a 2nd time around. Then it was some rest for the night and onto Thanksgiving.

Thursday morning my sister and I hit the Thanksgiving Day sale at Kmart and then we all hung out at Papa's house for some Thanksgiving dinner and football. It was yummy.



My beloved Cowboys lost but they played a good game so I'll let it slide this year.




My poor Doodle caught some sort of cold on Wednesday and missed out on dinner and the first half of football snoozing away in the chair.



The rest of us hit our turkey induced coma's a little later.






Then it was time to plot and plan the attack of Black Friday. My sister and I ran to Walmart about 9:30 and scoped out the placement of things. I was able to score Mike his Xbox Kinect a little early and we made a plan of where to place people and went back to gather the troops. We took Mike, Taylor, Kevin, Maygun, me and my sister and placed us all throughout the store by 10:15 for the midnight opener and manned our posts. When midnight hit, it was shear madness but we were able to score everything we wanted and more. Then it was back to Papa's for a quick power nap then to JCPenny's for their 4 am opening. Made it there and got our goodies and had Mike and Taylor get in line at Kmart for the 5am sale there. We arrived right before 5 ourselves and opted not to get in line. That didn't stop us though. When those doors opened I ran faster than I have in ages and was able to beat the people in line to some items my sister was really wanting to get. I almost got in a little scuffle with one lady but long story short, I won! And we were able to finish our shopping and be back home by 7 am. I think that's a record. After some naps, we all went out together for breakfast and spent the rest of the day recuperating.
Saturday we spent lounging around and hanging out with Papa for most of the day. Then we came home making a stop in Spanish Fork to drive through the Festival of Lights. The kids loved it. I was glad we had waited long enough in Price to make it there just after it got dark.








It was a good 4 days and I think I'll still be recuperating for a few more. My poor Doodle is still a bit under the weather so we've made him an appointment at the night clinic tonight to see the doc. Wish us luck.

No comments: