Monday, November 15, 2010

Invasion of the AT AT

Up until now I had really thought I was doing a pretty good job at not having my kids become Star Wars fanatics. Those of you that know their father know what a chore that has been for me. But since the invention of the Lego Star Wars game for the Nintendo DS and the Wii, Caleb's minor love of the stuff has grown into an all out obsession of both Lego's and Star Wars. When he saw this thing in the store, his little eyes lit up and he knew just what to ask Papa Ringo for his Bday. And of course, Papa gladly obliged and spoiled him.

I don't think he likes it at all. ;)
This is me telling Papa Ringo (my Dad) what he wants for his bday on the phone, "Apparently this giant dog looking thing. It's called an AT AT (short for something I don't recall) and it's from one of the episodes." See my Star Wars knowledge is at it's peak these days. I've never really cared much for it all but when I admitted to Mike that I didn't even know what episode this thing was from I think he speed dialed a lawyer and had the divorce papers written up. I'm expecting them any day now.
And here's the final space ship thing (I know it has a real name but don't recall) that Caleb opted to stay home from Disney on Ice for and build with his Dad.

I took him to Toys R Us today to spend his Bday money that he received and after scouring the Lego and Star Wars aisles I was shocked when he opted to spend it on something completely different (whoo hoo!). But that's a post for another day. Until then maybe I'll study up on my Star Wars knowledge base so I can write up a comprehensive and informative blog about all the ships and contraptions......and then again maybe (most likely) not.

No comments: