Saturday, November 13, 2010

Seven!

I still find myself having a hard time breathing when I tell people my little boy is 7! But whether I like it or not, today was the day. He has been so excited and counting down the days. We had a great time at The Living Planet aquarium today for his Spongebob Party. Mom got there a little early and most of the decorating was done for me by the aquarium but I did put out this edible centerpiece. Love it and it's dual purpose, I think I'll cut it up for breakfast tomorrow. The only other decoration we put up was a Happy Birthday banner. Easy Peasy.




And here's the anxious Bday boy awaiting the arrival of his guests. He is 7 in case you can't tell. ;)

I bought a Spongebob puzzle to keep the kids entertained. However I think the adults were more entertained by it.


Once all the guests arrived and pizza was consumed it was present time. Caleb got lots of great presents. Lots of Spongebob and Star Wars stuff.







And of course, several people donned the appropriate party attire.








Caleb asked for an ice cream cake this year so we ordered one from Baskin Robbins. He picked chocolate chip ice cream with chocolate cake. It was divine! I've heard several compliments about how good it was even well after the party was over. Yum! They did an awesome job.

Caleb had to put on his own 7 candles to blow out.

He had 2 servings of cake. I mean, it WAS his Birthday and all. ;)


After cake, they were taken on a scavenger hunt to a few exhibits in the aquarium. It was really fun and then we gave out goody bags and people walked around the aquarium. Then it was back home for some more fun. Caleb's cousins Schydi and Leyton stayed with us after the party for a slumber party and some fun tomorrow. They've been spending the afternoon and evening playing Caleb's new board games together, watching a movie and playing hide and seek.



It was a great day and the best part was that the aquarium did all the set up and take down and clean up. It doesn't get much better than that. Now all I have to figure out is where to put all these new fun toys and gifts. Thanks to everyone for making this a special day for our little boy.

No comments: