Sunday, November 21, 2010

O Christmas Tree


After all of the weekend shopping and the 7 inches of snow we received overnight, you can only guess where my mind was. Today was the perfect day to knock a few more people off our Christmas list and get going on the Christmas tree. Mike and I were worried given the current "crammed to the max" capacity of our storage shed right now that we would even be able to get to our tree this year. But he managed to get to it and get out a few other decorations and the stockings as well. I am so thankful for that. My Christmas will be more complete having at least a few of our normal things out. We can't have them all out due to showings, but I'll take what I can get. Caleb was a great helper this year and was loving every minute of hanging ornaments. It was so fun to do it together. And since we won't be home next weekend to do it, I am happy to have it done already.


Putting up the tree then put me in the mood to start wrapping the gifts we've been starting to gather so here's a few under and next to the tree. I know you are thinking, "what about Thanksgiving?" I know, I know. But just look, doesn't the site of it make your heart even just a little happy? It sure does mine.




Nothing all year is ever more peaceful to me than sitting in the dark next to a lit tree and cuddling with a blanket and perhaps some hot cocoa. When it's this time of year the tree is the first thing turned on in the morning and the last thing turned off at night. I love to just sit and back in the glow or sit and stare at it. Pictures can never do that feeling justice.


Here's wishing you some happy tree trimming in the next few weeks if you haven't already. May your own trees bring you this much happiness.


No comments: