Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Brrr is Not so Bad

I have been complaining a lot lately about it being so cold with the cold front that moved in last weekend. I am constantly telling Mike how cold it is in this house and telling him to adjust the automatic setting on the thermostat. Well this morning I decided that I should write about the simple comforts that come with it getting colder. Maybe this will warm me up!

1. Hot Cocoa and Apple Cider
2. Lap quilts while watching TV or a movie
3. The clean smell of the air
4. The promise of loads of cherry pie in the next couple of months
5. Slippers
6. Putting on my cardigan to lounge around the house and take the chill off
7. Turning on the fireplace (we haven't yet but I am sure we will soon)
8. Lazy Sundays spent sitting at home watching football with my boys
9. That the twins have been able to start using the cute heavier quilts that were made for them. Here are a couple of them made by my mom and sister. They have been loving the one with the multicolors these last few days. We love all the blankies that people lovingly made for us but we have been longing to use these.



2 comments:

jfm said...

Becca,
I read your blog thru bloggin' buddies on Mindy and Melissa's pages...it's sure fun to see and hear about your darling boys! The quilts are awesome, we still have and love one your mom made for us years ago!!
Aunt Janice

Becca said...

Hi Janice,

So nice to hear from you! I liked hearing all about your last visit to Utah for Bug's Bday on Melissa's blog. It's been ages since I saw you.