Thursday, October 16, 2008

Crazy Neighbor Lady

Tank wouldn't eat much before falling asleep last night so of course he's been up a couple times. The first time I was able to get him back to sleep then he was up again at 3 am and we decided just to go ahead and feed him again. But now I can't sleep so I am up having a cup of hot chocolate. Well we were sitting in bed and talking while Mike fed him when we heard some sort of boom outside. I asked Mike what that was and he said a car or something probably just backfired. A few minutes later we heard sirens coming. This is not uncommon since we live right on the corner of a busy street and the firehouse happens to be a straight shot up 3100 S. from us. So I made the comment that I would be really mad if someone had just ran into our fence outside. Mike assured me that it was further down. The sirens stopped blaring eerily close to our house so I went to the Master Bath and looked out the window. Mike was right it wasn't our house but something was going on about 3 or 4 houses down on 31st. Eventually about 4 firetrucks and 2 police cars and an ambulance showed up. Something was definitely on fire down that way. There was a lot of smoke coming from something. Mike came to the window to gawk with me since I have finally peaked his curiosity as well. I am waiting for the local news to come on to see what happened. I sure hope no one was hurt.

While we were gawking, I asked him if I could be "Crazy Neighbor Lady" and go down there to see what's going on and wait for the news crews to show up so I could be on tv telling them about "the boom." He told me no. I was a little disappointed since I had all of the ingredients:

1 head of disheveled bed hair
1 puffy bathrobe
1 pair of pink fuzzy slippers
and a whole lot of crazy

A few minutes later Mike pointed out that another lady was actually walking down the street in her bathrobe now so there was no need for me to be "Crazy Neighbor Lady" and besides I would have had to truck it down there.

My response: "And I totally could have beat her there!"


No comments: