Tuesday, October 07, 2008

EEEEEK!

I officially got my Halloween scares early this year. Today upon arriving home from the dentist I pulled in the garage to notice that the door going inside was open. So that was a little un-nerving. After I came in I noticed nothing was out of place or missing so OOPS! I must have neglected to pull it completely shut when I left this morning. No harm, no foul right? I brought the twins in from the car and opened the back door so the dog could go out. When in came a gigantic something and zoomed past my head with enough wind to make my hair move a little. All I saw was this streak of black then I heard a zzzzzzzzzz. And up the stairs it went and into the babies room. Was it a fly, a bee, a wasp? So I went for the flyswatter because whatever it was certainly not welcome in the babies room. So I went up the stairs and could hear it zooming around the room. I tip toed in carefully swing the flyswatter around just in case it was something with a stinger, I didn't want it landing on me. Then I opened the curtains so I could get a clear view. I cornered it by the diaper genie and SWAT! I got it on the first try. Turned out to be just a fly, but it was the biggest housefly I have ever seen. This thing was huge!
So crisis averted.....or so I think. I walk myself toward the master bedroom and turn the corner and there in the doorway lies a dead mouse!!!!!!!!!!! I must have jumped 15 feet high, let out a yell and jumped over it in one move. So now I am in the bedroom feeling cornered. I am guessing that the kitty got out into the garage with the door I accidentally didn't close all the way and has brought this lovely prize in to share. I go for the phone and call Mike at work, who laughs at me and tells me that he'll clean it up when he gets home. That's a couple hours away and the boys are waking in the carseats downstairs so I decided I can't just hold up in the room until he gets there and I must summon the courage to go past this thing one more time. So with a 1...2...3... I leap over it again and down the stairs I go. Out of sight, out of mind right?
WRONG! The kitty decides it's time to come out of hiding from under the bed and then picks up the mouse to bring it downstairs which I have just declared my safe-zone. She brings it to the top of the stairs then proceeds to set it on the floor and bat it around and down the stairs like a toy. When she gets to the bottom she picks it up in her mouth and throws it in the air a couple of times just for fun like "look what I have mom...fun huh?" eeek. So now I am in the living room and the nearest phone is in the kitchen. I must go past the mouse AGAIN! So with one baby in my arms I run past it and call Mike again.....THIS IS NOT FUNNY I tell him and I sit on a kitchen chair to beg for him to come home. While sitting in the chair I all of the sudden feel the kittie's head nudging my leg. I have no idea at this point if she has that stupid thing in her mouth again so I scream and jump and therefore both babies jump and start screaming because I have now scared them. So Mike finally feels bad and he decides to come home and rescue me...after some laughs of course.
He finally made it home and got it cleaned up, but eeek I have had enough frights for this October already. At least my doggy doesn't do stuff like this to me, I would hope she would just tell me a scary Halloween story like this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I was laughing so hard reading this story. Sounds like you had an eventful day. I think the cat should be seriously grounded.

Mindy said...

I am squirming thousands of miles away! Eeek.