Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My Brain, have you seen it?

Grandma Nette had asked Caleb what he wanted for his Bday this year and he told her a big Mario and Luigi. Since she had no idea where to get such things she asked me to find some and pick them up for her. Well I found some on Amazon.com and went ahead and ordered them. They arrived separately on different days and I wanted to wrap them together (naturally) so I threw them in the coat closet on Friday thinking that when Caleb napped this weekend I would be able to get them out and get them wrapped and that he wouldn't be getting into the closet for anything since he didn't need his backpack until today (Tuesday) for preschool. Well of course, I completely forgot about them in there and it didn't dawn on my this morning either when I told him to get out his backpack to put his show and tell in it. Well apparently Mario's hat was sticking out of the packaging a little and so around the corner he comes asking a million questions about who they are for and are they for a birthday or are they for dad. Dang it! So I decided honesty was the best policy. I told him that Grandma Nette had gotten them for his Bday (next month) and that he could have them at that time. He was actually very good about it and just said ok. I called Grandma Nette to tell her what I had done and she said that it was ok for him to have them early. So when we got back from preschool I got them out for him. He's very happy with them and has been packing them around ever since. So good job on the gift Grandma Nette!

No comments: