Wednesday, October 15, 2008

One Year ago

One year ago today we found out that we were pregnant again, but this time with twins! My how time flies when your:

No but really we are:

Back track 6 months to May and we had also found out we were pregnant (after almost 2 years of trying and numerous Dr. visits) then and on June 2nd, 2007 we found out that I had miscarried. That was probably the hardest thing we had ever been through together thus far. But we made it through somehow. I wanted to talk again about the quilts my sister made for the twins (one pictured fully yesterday). See originally she had started making a quilt top with the colorful animal patterns on these quilts the moment I told her I was pregnant that May. She was one of only about 4 people that knew then and couldn't wait to get started. Well with the sad news, she put her quilt top and all of her hard work away not knowing what else to do. So when we told her that now we were pregnant with twins, a new problem: there was only enough material for one quilt and the store no longer had this pattern. But my crafty sister picked apart the squares of the quilt she had made and found some different material to try to match with it and off she went making the once "sad" quilt into something the twins could make into two "happy" quilts for us. We love them and we like that it's also a subtle reminder of the one we lost. Thanks Aunt Tracey!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you blogged about the little one you lost, it is important to remember. Jas and I tried for nearly five years with no luck and got pregnant in May of '06 only to miscarry in June. We thought it would never happen again, I jokingly said I would ask Santa for baby that Christmas and just after we found out Hailee was coming. It renews your faith that miracles can happen.