Thursday, September 11, 2008

Addict

Hello, my name is Rebecca and I am a computer addict. I have noticed since I have been home that I am a little bit addicted to my computer. Don't worry I have my laptop here centrally located in the kitchen so I know what's going on with the boyz at all times. I guess that comes from having a desk job for the last 10 years. The daytime seems like I should be sitting at a computer doing something....anything. So I usually start off the day (after baby needs of course) with checking my email and visiting some of my favorite sites and checking out cnn.com to check on the world. I usually log into my instant messenger too so I can talk with Mike throughout the day as well as a couple of friends. Seems tame...right?
Mike has been teasing me about it, so last week I told him that I was going to have at least one day a week where I do nothing computer-wise. But that's kinda hard when I also married a computer geek and we have 3 of them around the house at most times. I tried really hard last Thursday and made it until about 4pm and I only got on because all 3 boys fell asleep and I was bored to tears. I could have done something else I know, but baby steps (bear with me).
Well today was no exception. I started off with my normal routine then I found myself coming back to it every time the the babies were playing with the play gyms or napping at the same time. I checked my email several times (like I was really important and someone was actually going to email me...yeah nilch, nada). Then I read the normal blogs then found myself searching for other blogs to pass the time. Google is becoming a real close friend. I knew I had been bad already but then Caleb came up from playing downstairs and said something like "Mom, why do you like being on your computer all the time, every day?" Ooops! Can't believe he really noticed so I told him that I like to because it's fun, just like his toys are fun for him. He understood but it still hit me a little hard. Then Mike came home and I was engrossed in humorous blog I had found of some random person. It was great but he kept giving me a hard time about it too. In my defense, I did do some other things today before he got home, such as:
1. Got Caleb up and ready for school, drove him there and back to the house then drove back to pick him up.
2. Bathed the twins
3. Did 2 bottle feedings and a solid food feeding for both twins
4. Got some vinyl cut for crafting with
5. Cut up a watermelon so my family could get some nourishment
6. Called a fencing place for a quote
7. Got the dishwasher started (Mike says that doesn't count but I disagree someone had to put the soap in and turn the dial)
8. Played tummy time with the twins during one of the rare times today that they were awake at the same time.
9. Made Caleb a sandwich for lunch while I had a tasty banana.
10. Tranferred all of the birthdays for both of our families onto the new 2009 calendar I recently purchased.

I know some of these are menial, but they all add up to time that I was actually A W A Y from the computer. None the less, since Caleb made me take another look at my routine I promised to him that tomorrow I would spend ALL day away from the computer. It will be rough, but I think I can handle it. So I will talk to you all on Saturday and let you know how it went.

No comments: