Friday, September 05, 2008

Detached

I mentioned to Mike on Tuesday night after we put the boyz in the twin basinet at the end of the bed that maybe it was time to start moving them into the crib as they are getting bigger and sleeping through the night on a more regular basis. Well that was apparently all he needed to hear. On Wednesday while I was reading to Caleb before bedtime, Mike sneakily slipped them both into the crib. I came into the bedroom and looked down to tell them goodnight and there was no-one in the basinet. I reminded him that I had said MAYBE it was time. He just smiled.
The first night they both slept great and made it through the night with no problems. Last night was a little worse, they both woke up screaming around 1:30. It only lasted about 20 minutes before they fell back asleep but still made me sad. So now I am feeling detached and separated. I know they are just two doors down but I find myself checking on them again just to make sure they are breathing. Last night I kept jumping up at every little noise I heard in the monitors. I know I will get through this anxiety and be happy about this change in a week or so but for now I will keep going in to check on them several times and probably cry when I take the basinet down this weekend. :(

No comments: