Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sock Monkeys


When I was very young, probably 4 or 5, I told my Grandma, Wauneta, that I wanted a 12 pack of Oly (My Grandpa's beer of choice) for my birthday. Well that's exactly what she got me. Well, at least the box for one. Inside the empty box she had made me a sock monkey that I loved. Whenever I see a sock monkey I am reminded of her and I keep a ornament of one for our Christmas tree every year. So one day while cruising around the Internet looking for costume ideas for this Halloween, I came across these and had to have them. The boyz are so cute in them. So this Halloween is dedicated to Grandma Great (as the kids in my fam called her). I often wish she was still here, especially to give me pointers on raising the twins. But I know that she knows how much I miss her and want her around.
P.S. Zaden is pictured first, Zaric second. I am also determined to tie them into the theme that the other 3 of us finally settled on. I'll let you know how that goes.

No comments: