Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Double the Pleasure, Double the Snot


The boyz have come down with their first ever cold. We took them to the Dr. today but it's nothing serious just a virus and they should be able to fight it off in a few days or so. In the meantime though, I have set up what I like to call Sick-Central in our family room. I loaded up on blankies and took down toys and the humidifier and quarantined us to that room as much as possible. I had feared that when they both had a cold it was going to be aweful and I was right. They wanted to be held all day today, especially Zaric who has the worst of it.

After Mike got home they both then wanted Daddy which I was ok with because it gave my arms a break. I hate them being sick but at the same time, it was kinda nice to cuddle all day. This was really nice with Zaden since he's not the normal cuddly type, that's Zaric's role. However when it got closer to bed time, Zaric wanted Mommy back and that made me feel good. He doesn't seem to want to sleep in the crib so I got him to settle on the swing for now. Guess I will be sleeping on the couch tonight so I can be close to him.

I did get a couple of things done today while they napped though, like I put the new high chair together since we had been sharing only the one for now but that's getting harder with them eating solid food more often. I did it without using any instructions so I am pretty proud of myself. Mike, however, thinks it will collapse at any moment :). Then I cleaned out the old costume box and put a bunch of them up for sale on the KSL website. And in 5 hours I have already sold potentially 5 of the 10 I posted. 50 %, I would say that's pretty good! The rest of the house did suffer though, thankfully I have Mike who doesn't mind helping out once he gets home.

Here's a pic of Mike holding both sickies and rocking them tonight. Disclaimer: He is wearing pants (ok sleep shorts) but you can't see them through the blankies:). Let's hope this is really a couple day stint and that they are free and clear for our weekend get-together with Garrett, Laurel and little Maddie.....cross your fingers for us.

No comments: