Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Always Juggling

Seems like forever since I blogged. I know it's only been a few days but still feels like forever. There's a reason though, here's what we've been juggling the last few days.

Our fed tax return showed up on Friday so we've been juggling what to do with it since Plan A went out the window the the recent furnace purchase. So we did what we could with it just leaving the furnace to figure out during the next year and setting aside the state refund (whenever it may get here) for those darn tires for Mike. Well there was a tiny bit left over so we went around and around on what to do with it. We finally settled on doing something for the kids since neither one of us would be satisfied with our other options. We decided to get a trampoline for them. We know the babes are a little small for that, but since it should last us a good few years, they will still get use out of it and I think it's something Caleb will really enjoy this summer, something he can do outside and be partially alone since most everything else has to be done in the front yard. This will be set up in the back somewhere that I can keep my eye on him but not have to be there constantly. So we went on Sunday morning to purchase that so we can set it up as soon as it's warm on a more consistent basis. So we got one "whoo hoo!" from our return. I'll post pics when we get it set up. Also while at the store on Sunday, they finally had some Wii Fit in stock. I have been wanting it for some time and had been saving some of my Christmas money for that or something scrappy. I haven't seen much scrappy lately I wanted so I went for it and got it. We tried it out a little on Sunday and in just the 10 min or so I did it, it kicked my butt.

Sunday afternoon we were invited to a bday party at Chuck E Cheese. We went and Caleb had a great time. We had fun too just visiting and helping Caleb play some games and we headed home. Not too long later, I started feeling nauseous and laid on the couch most of the night. I thought maybe it was just something I ate and would go away. But it has turned into a full blown cold of sorts. I woke up Monday feeling even worse and also have had sinus issues starting up. So Mike stayed home on Monday to help with the boys (thank goodness). I slept most of the day away and was so grateful to him for doing that.

Well that night Caleb seemed a little warm when he went to bed but was acting fine so we let it go. Well he came into our room at about 1 am and his temp was 102 degrees! So we got out the Motrin and let him crawl in bed with us. Well the fever wasn't letting him sleep so he and I got up and came downstairs and watched Madagascar together. He finally went back to be a little after 3am. He got up yesterday seeming ok but we decided to keep him home from school anyway as a precaution. All the while, I am still feeling pretty yucky. Mike went to work for a while then came home a little early to help out some more. Caleb's fever came and went through the day, but oddly enough if never seemed to bother him at all and by bedtime last night he was back up to 102 once more and more Motrin was given.

He seems fine this morning and (so far) and the babies don't seem to have anything (knock on wood). I am still a little under the weather but decided after 2 days of practically laying around all day I am determined to get back to the routine and start feeling better. So I am up and about doing chores and my other daily things I enjoy doing. I am hoping to try out some more Wii Fit in the next few days and will let you know how it goes.

No comments: