Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Giving Valentine's

On Thursday Caleb gets to exchange Valentine's at preschool. I love that he's old enough to take these to school now. I remember loving this as a kid and making sure to carefully pick out the right one for everyone in the class. I would make sure the saying on the cards matched what I really thought of someone like to make sure the boys I had a crush on got on that said something like "I think you're cute." I look back now and laugh at how much stock I took in these $1 (back then) box of cards because I knew for a fact that my crush liked me back because of what his card said to me. If he was anything like Caleb though all he did was sign them and put them in whatever box was right in front of him. I know that now but back then they meant a lot.


Here he is dutifully writing his name on each and every one of the dinosaur Valentine's that he is taking to school. Mom attached them to a candy bar and they are ready to go for Thursday.
Just a quick glimpse of the front. We also filled out a few of the Kung Fu Panda ones. He wanted to make sure to use all the dino's first though.

And of course I got my cards ready to mail at the same time. They will be in the mail today to make sure to make it to the far away family members on time. I love making cards but with these boys it seems like it takes me 3 times as long these days to do any projects. Maybe next year I'll just buy me a box of $2.50 cards from the store and carefully pick out who gets what one and save that special one for my biggest crush and love of my life, Mike.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is sooo cute, I remember doing the same thing in school and making the perfect valentine holder to put them all in, then coming home and sorting everything out. Reading each one very carefully to determine its meaning

jfm said...

I think it's a girl/boy thing! I took that same special care, as did my girls....boys, however just want to get them done!!