Saturday, February 21, 2009

On Thin Ice

Mike and I had a really great date night last night. After dropping the kids off at our friends' house, we went to a pizza place called The Pie. It was so good. We were stuffed and still had tons of leftovers to bring home. After that I had decided that I didn't want to do the normal "dinner and a movie" thing and sit some more. I wanted to do something that would get us up and moving. We sit all the time. So I chose to go ice skating.

We went to the Olympic Oval. We hadn't been there before and thought an indoor venue would be a little warmer. It's so close to us, we really should have taken advantage of it sooner. I was secretly hoping Apallo would be there since he moved to Utah to practice there, but no such luck :(. It was fun though. I only took 1 spill and Mike took 2. He's still complaining that he got a wrist injury, I think he's milking it just a little ;). It's a long ways around that track and we were both reminded of how out of shape we are. It was fun to be skating at the same place that all of the speed skating events were in the 2002 Olympics.

After we left there, we stopped for some ice cream and enjoyed each others company for a bit. By then it was time to head back to pick up the kids. From what we hear they did great. Caleb was still up waiting for us when we got there at almost 10! Then he talked to us most of the way home too.

I hope we can start getting out more like this in the future. A night out was just what the Dr. ordered. I think we are going to try to take Caleb to the Oval soon too, so stay tuned for pics of that. He has also informed us that he would like to take skating lessons to learn to do it really good. So we'll keep you updated on if we decide to do that or not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sooo jealous. I wish that Janice lived closer to leave Hailee with so Jas and I could go on a date. I am glad you guys had such a good time.