Sunday, March 22, 2009

Solo Trip

I took my first solo trip to Price with all 3 kids this weekend. Caleb didn't have school on Friday and I had gotten an invite to My Aunt Roz's 60th Bday party so I decided that I would go for it. Mike decided to stay at home and get some work done and take a much needed and deserved break from us.
After I arrived on Friday, my sister and I broke out the cricut and worked on a project that she has going for Teacher Appreciation week at the elementary in Wellington. Papa took Caleb for a ride to pick up kids from school so we took the twins and had lunch together.
My niece, DaNell, had been selected for Student of the Month at the Jr high so I tagged along to the assembly. She didn't know she was getting it or that we would be there so imagine her surprise when she looked up from the stage and there we were. She said she couldn't figure out who I was waving at her until I started pulling faces at her, then she figured out that it was her "crazy Aunt Becca". Here's just one of the pics I took afterwards.

Later that night, Schydi ,(Caleb's twin when we are there) asked to spend the night at Papa's too. When Caleb asked me to read him a bedtime story, she volunteered to do it instead. It was so cute, I couldn't resist taking a pic.
When it was time for bed, I asked her if she needed help getting her bed ready in the spare room and she told me no. I couldn't figure out why until I went to check on them and this is what I found. Of course I had to take a pic of that too.
Early on Saturday morning, I decided to put in my application for "Best Aunt Ever" and picked up my nieces DaNell and Maygun at 5:30 am to be at Walmart by their 6 am opening time and pick up our copies of the Twilight movie. We got there a little early and sat in the parking lot where I broke out my ipod and cultured (they say tortured) them with some NKOTB, The Greatest Hits. Then we grabbed some donuts and headed back to Papa's to watch the movie. After my sister got there, we did a little more on her project then it was time for the big party.
It was at the park so of course I didn't see Caleb much for a couple hours as he and Schydi were off playing. The twins were tired and kinda crabby but we got them to play for a little bit. Here's a group of the kids playing. That's nearly all of my neices and nephews. Only minus 2. You'll notice that all of my kids are wearing matching shirts. I couldn't resist the opportunity when I saw these at the Carters 50% off sale a few weeks ago. And what better to wear them to but a party.

Here's my Aunt Roz (my Mom's sister) and Uncle Jerry when she sat down to open her gifts. We got her the little plant you see on the table.

The best part about going to the party was that my cousin, Mindy, was in town from Virginia, my Uncle Roy and his fam were in town from Colorado and I finally got to meet my cousin, Jason's, wife (Melissa) and their cute little girl Hailee. Here is Jason with Aunt Roz. It was almost like a mini Forsgren family reunion, that doesn't happen much.


This is my Uncle Roy with my Mom and my brother and sister. One baby was sleeping and the other wouldn't look at the camera much at all. He was having a camera-shy day.


And here's my mom with Roz and Roy still holding that sleeping Zaden.



This is my favorite pic that I got of the day, the cousins pic. In here are Tracey, Ryan, Jason, Carli, Mindy, Me and Becca (yes 2 Becca's).

Thanks for the invite Mindy. I had a good time. I wish we would have gotten to visit with everyone longer though. :( . I can't wait to see all the pics you got. I didn't get all of the shots.
We left Papa's earlier than expected. Caleb was pretty wiped out from all the playing and slept the entire way home. So we were home by about 5:30. Mike did everything on the "honey-do" list I left him and even managed to make it to the driving range with Garrett so I think we both enjoyed our time. Next Price trip....less than 2 weeks away!



1 comment:

jfm said...

Thanks for the great pics! It "almost" felt like I was there, after reading both your and Melissa's blog! It's so sad to be soooo far away!