Monday, December 01, 2008

Advent Calendars from Bakeware

This year has been one for homemade advent calendars. This is one that we made over Thanksgiving weekend in Price. It's made from a mini muffin pan and you just cut out circles and squares from magnetic sheets and get to decorating. It was very fun to make. Then you can fill the holes with little treats then open it up every day until Christmas Eve. We just printed the numbers in different fonts in Word and then used up scrapbooking supplies for the rest. I still need to add a ribbon to hang it with and find a place to hang it, but you get the picture.

My sister made me this one for my birthday present. It's made from a cookie sheet and then she took felt to make the snowman out of and the front of him is a pocket. She turned these trinkets into magnets and wrote the numbers on them. So every day you can take down the correct number and slip it into the front of the snowman in the pocket until you get to Christmas.
Both if these are very cute ideas that make you say, "why didn't I think of that?" I may be doing more of them as gifts in future years. But for this year we'll just be counting down with both of our calendars and the snowman countdown on the mantle. Only 24 days to go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are both so cute and such great ideas. I have one for Hailee that we do that is really fun, I will post about it later today.