Saturday, December 13, 2008

Holiday Getting to Know You

Ok Missy, I'm no scrooge! So here it goes!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate! Have to have it every time it snows. Just had some today for that very reason.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or sit them under the tree? Nope just leaves them unwrapped
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White on tree/both on house
4. Do you hang mistletoe? We used to have a silly one that sang but it broke and we have never gotten any more.
5. When do you put your decorations up? The day after Thanksgiving
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Honey Baked Ham
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Can't remember one
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? When my Mom's friend brought over the puppy I was getting for Christmas and I heard her come through the door crying, I wasn't asleep yet. I was probably 8 or so.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I like to but Mike doesn't, so he usually wins. We will with Grandma this year though and I think I will let Caleb open one from us.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? With ornaments galore and white lights. Angel on the top.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it if I am not driving anywhere. Hate it when I have to drive in it.
12. Can you ice skate? Yes but haven't for a long time. I really want to soon.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? No, I like them all.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? the food
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Cherry pie then cookies
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Driving around looking at Christmas lights with the kids and Mike. My Dad used to do that with us as kids. Watching A Christmas Story.
17. What tops your tree? Angel
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Definitely the giving, but getting isn't so bad either :)
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Sleigh Ride by Lorrie Morgan and Christmas Cookies by George Strait
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yum!

2 comments:

jfm said...

Wow, I guess we all should get together and eat Honey Baked Ham and cookies!!

Becca said...

Sounds good to me. Did we ever get that set up with Mindy? I haven't heard.