Thursday, December 04, 2008

My Version

For those of you that read my cousin Mindy's blog, "It's a Long Story", these pictures will seem like dejavu for you. She made her own board book for our Aunt Norma and posted it to her blog a couple of weeks ago. I had to have those pics so she was nice enough to share them with me and I got to work on making one for my mom as well. She doesn't read the blog unless I specifically ask her to go over to my sister's and do it, so I thought it would be safe to post. I want to say the year was right around 1958 or 59 judging by how old my mom looks. So here's what I came up with. You'll probably have to click on the pics to get a bigger view to see any detail.


Just a shot of the cover.
This is my Grandpa, Vernon. I don't remember much about him, just stories from people. This year he got a gun.


This is my grandma, Nova Jean, I do remember her since I was a little older when she passed. I remember the goodie boxes she always made us full of gifts for Christmas and that we got to open them on Christmas Eve. I also remember that she always got her kids a poinsettia plant for Christmas every year so when I saw these embellishments, I had to have them. This year she got some new dishes and a new purse. Looks like some new shoes too.


This is Aunt Norma. She got some Elvis records, a new radio and clothes this year.


This is my Aunt Roz (Mindy's mom) She got a new dress.



This is my Uncle Kenny. I don't remember him since he tragically passed away in an accident when I was very young. He got some army men and a truck to go with them.


And here's my Mom, Lynette, she got a baby doll with a stroller and a purse.


And the baby, my Uncle Roy. He got a football and some pull toys.
This was a fun project and was a great way to use up some of my old scrapbooking stuff. Thanks again Mindy for sharing the pics. Now here's the dilemma: Do I give it to her this weekend when I see her again and let her enjoy it the next few weeks? Or do I save it for Christmas Eve when we get together to exchange our other gifts? What do you think?


3 comments:

Sarah W said...

ugh, you are so talented it makes me sick!!! What an awesome idea and great scrapbooking! It's a beautiful book!

jfm said...

Becca,
This book is awesome! You are so talented and really crafty, your blog is a treat to read! I know your mom will love the book no matter when you give it to her!

Mindy said...

It looks so good! I say, give it to her now, but make sure she doesn't show it to Aunt Norma because I want her to be surprised when I give her the one I made!