Monday, December 08, 2008

Now That's Christmas!

Today started off kinda slow with the boyz. Caleb had been asking to bake cupcakes so I decided there was no time like the present. So I started mixing them up and putting them in the oven. I turned off his cartoons and started up some Christmas music. As I was singing along, I looked outside and it was starting to snow. Then it dawned on me what I had been missing this year to really feel the Christmas Spirit. Everything fell into place. The presents are under the tree, there's good smells of treats baking in the oven, the Christmas music is going and it's snowing outside. I instant messaged Mike and told him the only way it could be more perfect is if he were home with us and we made some hot cocoa. Well that couldn't happen, but of course I made Caleb and I some anyway and topped them off with Christmas marshmellows. It was fun to turn on our outside lights too while it was snowing for a change. They felt more "in place" as well. Here's a few pics to share:





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am jealous of the snow. We got two, maybe three flakes. I agree with you though it just doesn't feel like Christmas without the snow.