Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Cousin Eddy

Ahhh, the hat controversy. Every winter Mike and I have this semi argument over this hat. Here's the problem: I HATE it......HATE it.......HATE it. Of course he loves it! About 4 or 5 years ago him and I were in a store where he spotted it. I laughed, thinking he would never wear it, but was a good sport and said, "go ahead and get it". Boy, was I ever wrong? He looks for any opportunity to wear this thing. He looks forward to it snowing, just so he can put it on to shovel the walks and he wore the thing to Black Friday sales to stand in line with already this year.
So here's why I think I hate it: it reminds me of Cousin Eddy in one of my favorite Christmas movies, National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. When he puts it on, especially with the flaps down, all I can picture is Eddy standing in the driveway in his underwear and an eerily similar hat, emptying his raw sewage from his RV into the storm drain while smoking a cigar and waving to the neighbors. That's right, you know the scene. I can't imagine what our neighbors are thinking when they drive by on those mornings or nights that he's out there shoveling. Luckily this year there hasn't been any snow to shovel yet, knock on wood.
So I am taking a poll with your comments on if the hat stays or if it mysteriously ends up in the DI pile one of these times......... Be as honest as possible while you're reveling in it's marvel or lack there of.

9 comments:

Tracey said...

I don't believe I quite know what to say.....if I had to choose I'd say lose it for good! I guess it's no longer Becca and Mike, but Becca and Eddy. Maybe there will be a little something special under the tree for Eddy this year :-).

Becca said...

Like a bag of dog food for his sweet slobbering, runny nose dog (Snot) that digs through the garbage then pukes it all up under the table? I can't wait!

Tracey said...

It's possible, Eddy's a cute name, oh and his dog.....woof....woof!

Merry Christmas Eddy!

jfm said...

OMG I love that movie, the hat....not so much :-) But you guys are right, I think Mike has just got a new name!

Anonymous said...

Becca...I have to agree with you. I hate the hat. I think if Jas had a hat like that it might accidentally misplaced.

Mindy said...

Flaps up--keep. Flaps down--has to go. And, the flaps up wearing should be limited to shoveling snow. ONLY shoveling snow.

DaNell Rasmussen said...

KEEP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





jk

DaNell Rasmussen said...

I was joking ask C if he likes it and decide from there

Sarah W said...

I'm all for letting your hubby be himself, but really? Ouch... Becca....I sure hope your dog doesn't "accidentally" get his paws on it and shred it to pieces...wink,wink