Sunday, December 07, 2008

Here Comes Santa Claus

Get ready for a picture bizzare! This weekend was my Mom's Christmas party which meant yet another trip to Price. We had a lot of fun and got to see Santa. I couldn't decide if I wanted some of these pics in color or in black and white so I saved some of them in both. I love the b&w but Mike of course doesn't understand those because they look "old". So to make it easy we are posting both. You can choose which you like better.


We snuck the board book into Santa's sack before the party. He pulled it out first thing at the party and had my mom come up. After she opened it up and saw the first pic of her Daddy then the one of her Mom, she started crying. Then she knew right away it had to have been me and gave me a huge hug after she was done with Santa and I started to cry a little too. She called me later after the party to tell me thanks again......I done good!
Just a funny pic of my brother Ryan and Zaden at the party. They have the same expression. Too funny.
And one of him with Zaric which I also thought was cute.
This picture of Zaden was also too cute not to share. His costume was a reindeer but we put Zaric's hat on him and got this. The confused reindeer is what I like to call it. You can also see his little tooth good in this if you expand the pic.

Here is Caleb talking with Santa before getting up on his lap. He knew just what he was going to ask for. "A big remote control dinosaur" is what he told him. I was being thankful it hadn't changed from this for a while.


Here's one of Caleb getting the present from Santa. This is the first year Caleb really gets it. He talks about it all the time and was asking him questions like where his workshop was. He was not shy with him at all this year. It's so fun. I haven't really understood the "magic" of Christmas for a parent until this year. The best part is that whatever answer I give him for the questions he asks about Santa, he accepts and moves on to the next. He got a police man play set with 2 cops in it, a helicopter, a hummer and police motorcycle. He loved it. Santa must have read in his letter that he wanted to be a cop.

Zaden wasn't sure he liked Santa at first. Here's his "is this ok look?"
These are Zaden when he noticed that Santa's hat had a ball. Then he was ok for a minute trying to get it and eat it. He started crying though when Santa turned his head to talk to him.


Zaric had fallen asleep before his turn and Zaden fell asleep after his. So we got these pics of both of them asleep with Santa. Santa holding his sleeping baby reindeer and baby santa.....too cute.

Zaric, like I said, fell asleep and was oblivious to the whole Santa encounter. These pictures are just adorable though.

Just another angle of the sleeping baby Santa.
When Santa got ready to leave, he walked around the restaurant to tell us all goodbye and Caleb gave him a great big hug goodbye. Magical, just magical.
Here's a pic of Caleb and his cousin Schydi. They are pretty much inseparable when we are down there. One worker even asked us if we had two sets of twins in the family, meaning these two. I said "no they just act like it."
Side note: no, Caleb is not grabbing his crotch, Grandma gave them giant Christmas pencils and he's riding his like a horse.
This is back at Papa Ringo's after the party. We got the kids in jammies and they played for a while with the gifts Santa gave them. A perfect way to start celebrating the holiday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! Those pictures of the kids are sooooo cute and precious. I love them!

jfm said...

What darling pictures! You are certainly right....Christmas is for KIDS! Wish we could keep them little forever (well...at least for Christmas)