Thursday, January 29, 2009

Caleb Connections

Isn't it amazing the connections kids make to things? On Tuesday I was driving home from Caleb's preschool when he noticed a beer truck at a gas station so here's how our conversation went:
"Mom, is that a bus?"
"No honey, it's a truck. You know like a deisel"
"Well what does it say?"
"It says Bud Light"
"Oh that's Light, but not too tasty" (mental note: we watch too much tv) "But I would like to taste it"
"You can't taste it until you are older, like 21"
"Why"
"Because it's beer and beer is bad for kids"
"But you let me drink beer at home"
"No honey, that's Root Beer and it's different"
"Well yeah, because it's made by a brown dog who pees the beer!"

At that I totally lost it and laughed all the way home, making him laugh along. Then he told me that he knew that's not really where it came from and he was just teasing. It was so funny I had to call Mike to tell him about it. Later Mike and I pieced together that there is a root beer with a dog on it for the logo so that must be where he got it. But we couldn't remember which one. I asked Aunt Tracey the next morning and she said it was Mug Root Beer. Of course! It all makes sense now. She had given us some for Christmas and apparently somewhere in his 5 year old mind, he somehow got the notion that it came from that very dog relieving itself. Like I said, the amazing connections kids make.


2 comments:

DaNell Rasmussen said...

That is sprobably the funniest and the cutest thing that you have ever said that Caleb has said!!! LOL!!!

SCHADEY SAFARI said...

That a boy Caleb.